Join Us for IAAPA Expo 2021
Photos (from 2019 Expo) are available for download at https://bit.ly/2ObmzC1
Download b-roll (from 2019 Expo): https://bit.ly/2YvGJ1O
WHAT: IAAPA Expo – where the biggest stories in the global attractions industry come alive –
is back in-person in 2021 to reconvene an industry that is working hard toward coming back stronger than ever. Over the course of five days (Nov. 15-19), industry professionals from amusement and theme parks, water parks, family entertainment centers, zoos, museums, resorts, and more will gather in Orlando, Fla. to see the latest innovations, learn from each other, network and make buying decisions for the future.
- $79.6 million estimated economic impact in Central Florida from the conference
- More than 375,000 net square feet of exhibit space
- More than 850 exhibiting companies
Highlights of this year’s Expo include:
- Charity Events (Nov. 14 & 18) benefiting Give Kids The World Village
- Lunch and Learn (Nov. 15) featuring keynote speaker Josh D'Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products*
- IAAPA GM and Owners’ Breakfast (Nov. 17) Richard A. Zimmerman, President & Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company*
- Game Changer Session (Nov.18) with Winston Fisher, Chief Executive Officer of AREA15 and partner, Fisher Brothers*
- The Annual Legends Panel (Nov. 17) featuring the creative team that developed The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man attraction for Universal’s Islands of Adventure*
- More than 90 education sessions and roundtables designed specifically for attractions professionals.**
- Meet with representatives from more than 850 companies from around the world who will showcase new products and services.
PRESS CONFERENCES (Nov. 16 – 18)
- IAAPA Expo is where news happens! More than 15 exhibiting companies will host press conferences announcing what’s new, what’s now and what’s next for the global attractions industry – right from the press conference booth (#3040) on the trade show floor.
- In true Ripley’s fashion, Jim Pattison Jr., President of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! and Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for IAAPA is shaving his beard at IAAPA Expo and adding it to Hoss — the Guinness World Records™ contender for Largest Ball of Human Hair! At the beginning of the pandemic, Pattison told his team he wouldn’t shave until all Ripley’s attractions reopened worldwide. With over 100 attractions in 10 countries, this was no small feat. Ripley’s is proud to have successfully and safely reopened all its attractions and will be celebrating throughout the Expo by raising money for Give Kids The World Village.
- Hoss will be on display on the tradeshow floor in the Give Kids The World booth (#4233) Nov. 15 – 18, and then part of this event on Nov. 19
- Jim’s beard will be shaved live and added to Hoss at 11 a.m. in booth #3040.
WHEN: November 15-19, 2021
WHERE: Orange County Convention Center, 9800 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
VISUALS: Approved media with a press credential are welcome to shoot photography/video tp capture the excitement of the trade show floor, keynote presentations and other events, exhibitor press conferences and dynamic education sessions.
INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES: Interview opportunities available upon request with representatives for IAAPA and exhibiting companies.
PRESS REGISTRATION: [email protected]
MEDIA CONTACT: [email protected]
HEALTH & SAFETY: IAAPA is working closely with the Orange County Convention Center and the local health department to develop and implement a comprehensive plan focused on a safe and successful IAAPA Expo 2021. IAAPA is also following the latest guidance and recommendations for large groups and meetings from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The current health and safety guidelines are available here.
*Advance, approved media registration required to attend
**Most education sessions are open to media; no RSVP required. Please check the Press Office Room S230A for list of sessions not open to the media