IAAPA Safety Institute
Safety is the attraction industry’s priority: safety for guests, safety for employees, and the safe operation of facility and equipment. The IAAPA Safety Institute provides an opportunity for entry-level attractions operators to examine these processes and learn best practices in ride standards, risk management, and safety compliance. Enjoy insightful presentations by attractions safety experts, industry consultants, manufacturers, and operators from all corners of the business.
Participants in the IAAPA Safety Institute earn 4 credit hours toward IAAPA Certification renewal.
This course is an introductory-level program that provides a broad range of safety concepts and practices. We recommend this course to members who are new to the industry, are interested in cross-departmental development, and for those seeking a basic understanding of safety tools and regulations.
Is this course right for me?
- If you work in the attractions industry and:
- Seek an introduction to safety practices in the industry
- You have 0-2 years' experience with attractions safety, despite your level within your organization
- Interest in global perspective on safety trends
- Interest in sharing best practices across member types
- You are ready to network and have fun with your industry peers
- Member Type
- Family Entertainment Centers
- Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Museums and Science Centers
- Amusement Parks & Resorts
- Water Parks
- Young Professionals
- Zoos and Aquariums
- Course Modules
- Global Safety Update
- Safety Culture
- Risk Management
- Best Practices in Maintenance
- Best Practices in Operations
- Course Takeaways
- Industry Contacts
- Certificate of Course Completion
- Course Document and Resources
- Activities and Best Practices to Share with Home Venue
- Credit Hours to Apply to IAAPA Certification
- Understanding of IAAPA Safety Tools and Industry Standards
Earn 4 credit hours toward IAAPA certification renewal.
Present at an IAAPA Safety Institute
IAAPA is looking for motivating and inspiring industry experts to share insights for IAAPA Rookies and Newcomers: FEC 101.
By completing this form you are submitting your name and qualifications for consideration as faculty for this and other future IAAPA Institute programs. Your name and qualifications will be added to the IAAPA speaker database. As IAAPA plans future programs, submissions will be reviewed and faculty that best reflects the program goals, the region, and the topic will be selected.