IAAPA Presents: Six Flags Fiesta Texas
The IAAPA North America team proudly hosted more than 50 IAAPA members for its second in-person event of the year during IAAPA Presents: Six Flags Fiesta Texas on June 10 in San Antonio, Texas.
As restrictions begin to lift across the country, members were eager and excited to get back together in an environment that feels like home. The team at Six Flags Fiesta Texas welcomed our group with open arms, as we embarked on a day full of networking, learning, and engaging behind-the-scenes.
The morning began with breakfast and remarks from John Hallenbeck, vice president and executive director of IAAPA North America and Jeffrey Siebert, president of Six Flags Fiesta Texas, reflecting on the past year and looking forward to a fruitful and successful summer season.
From there, attendees were broken into groups for behind-the-scenes tours:
- Food and Beverage: participants reviewed a successful transformation from a popular branded stand to a park-operated location, then sampled the park’s newest exciting culinary offerings.
- Water Park: Guests took a lap around a giant Texas-shaped wave pool, double-decker cabanas and swim-up bars.
- Haunt: How’d they do that? Attendees learned the secrets behind the park’s Fright Fest event.
- Nighttime Spectacular: Guests discovered how the park delivers the perfect finale to the day with an immersive display of fireworks, lights, lasers, music, fire, and dancing water fountains. Rock The Night presented by H-E-B® Nighttime Spectacular is a guest favorite.
- Attractions: Attendees learned ways to increase ridership and improve guest satisfaction scores at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
After lunch in the park’s Picnic Grove, attendees had free rein to experience all Six Flags Fiesta Texas has to offer. The event concluded with a networking social at the Houngan House of Voodoo courtyard, where colleagues caught up, met new industry professionals, and enjoyed Mardi Gras-inspired food and fare.
As Six Flags Fiesta Texas approaches its 30-year anniversary next year, IAAPA and its members are proud to be part of the story of this established San Antonio theme park.