Show Ambassador Program
IAAPA seeks students, recent graduates and young professionals with outstanding customer service skills to be volunteer interns at IAAPA Expo and IAAPA Expo Asia. Successful applicants will get the opportunity to see and be involved in the premier amusement and attractions trade show and conference in the U.S. and/or Asia.
The elements of the program include:
- Event Management: Working with the association’s expo management team and on-site vendors to oversee a range of special events.
- Education Program: Working with IAAPA’s education staff to conduct the on-site logistics for the education programs and off-site tours.
- Trade Show Support: Working with the expo management team, floor managers, and vendors in support of trade show logistics.
- Behind the Scenes Education: Providing a “behind the scenes” look at IAAPA’s tradeshow vendors. In addition, each ambassador is scheduled a specific list of seminars to attend.
- Social Program: Ability to network with other peers in the industry as well as to make contact with facility operators in the amusement and attractions industry and interact with one of the premier trade show management teams in the industry.
An intern program by its nature is a balance between the work needs of the employer and the education needs of the students — the IAAPA Ambassador Program will balance these needs by providing specific education opportunities throughout the week that will be pre-scheduled as a part of the program. Part of that balance is what IAAPA provides and what we expect each Ambassador to bring to the expo.
- An unforgettable experience
- World class training
- Shared housing
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Networking opportunities
- This exciting opportunity features a structured learning program, scheduled work hours (approximately 10+ hours per day), and a ticket to one of the largest trade shows in the world.
- Small per-diem for local transportation & additional meals
Successful Ambassador Applicants will offer:
- Enthusiasm & initiative
- Hard work & complete dedication of their time during this event Professional appearance & "can do" attitude
- Outstanding Customer Service skills and experience
- Background or current studies in hospitality, event management, engineering, journalism, or related subjects
- Transportation to and from the Expo sites (IAAPA Expo-Orlando, Florida; IAAPA Expo Asia-Macao
- Full-time commitment (2020 dates: IAAPA Expo-Nov. 13-21; IAAPA Expo Asia-June 6-13)
- Health insurance and provide proof of coverage
- Must be 18 or older on or before the first day of the program
- In exchange for a valuable learning opportunity, successful candidates will provide energy, initiative, and a strong customer-focused attitude to the improve guest experience for all IAAPA attendees.
Dates & Deadlines:
02/24: Application for IAAPA Expo Asia Opens
02/24: Application for IAAPA Expo Opens
04/10 - Deadline for IAAPA Expo Asia Applications
04/11-04/24: IAAPA Expo Asia Interviews
05/01: Spring Deadline for IAAPA Expo Applications
05/13-31: IAAPA Expo Spring Interviews
06/6-13: IAAPA Expo Asia Ambassadors On-Site in Macao
6/30: Latest IAAPA Expo Team from Spring Applications Selected/Notified
09/01: Fall Deadline for IAAPA Expo Applications
09/9-22: Fall IAAPA Expo Interviews
09/29: Latest Final IAAPA Expo Team Selected/Notified
11/13-21: IAAPA Expo Ambassadors On-Site in Orlando
If you have any additional questions about the program, please contact the IAAPA Ambassador Program.