ASTM International F24 Committee on Amusement Ride and Devices
- ASTM International is one of the largest independent standards-writing bodies in the world.
- ASTM International creates standards for a multitude of materials, products, test methods, and systems for a variety of industries.
- The F24 committee establishes standards on amusement ride design and manufacturing, testing, operation, maintenance, inspection, and quality assurances.
- The committee is comprised of consumer advocates, government officials, amusement park operators and suppliers, and amusement ride operators.
- ASTM F24 standards undergo frequent review and revision to keep up with the latest technologies.
- Where applicable, biodynamic data is considered, which produces amusement ride system guidelines to safely accommodate the broadest segment of the population.
- Developed as voluntary standards, they have been incorporated by 38 states, and in countries around the world.
More on the ASTM F24 Committee.