IAAPA Hall of Fame Now Accepting Nominations
The IAAPA Hall of Fame was established in 1990 to celebrate outstanding achievement and contributions to the growth and development of the attractions industry. Since that time, the association continues to honor dozens of industry pioneers.
The IAAPA Hall of Fame is accepting nominations through an online nomination platform. The deadline is July 13, 2020. The awards will be presented in November at IAAPA Expo in Orlando.
Inductees are chosen for significant contributions to the entire industry, and nominees may be living or deceased. To be considered for the IAAPA Hall of Fame, a nominee must:
- Have been associated with the attractions industry, preferably for a minimum period of 10 years.
- Have been associated with a theme or amusement park, water park, family entertainment center, zoo, aquarium, museum, science center, resort, or other attraction, manufacturer, supplier, or designer.
- Have made a significant contribution to the worldwide attractions industry that has provided innovation, education, leadership, and/or influence both inside his or her organization and within the industry in a manner that will continue to be of value in the future. Examples include contributions to the attractions industry at large such as:
- design or invention of material equipment, processes, or technical services;
- innovation in conjunction with attractions, rides, exhibitions, entertainment, food, merchandise, games, engineering, or safety;
- an individual who has significantly contributed to the success and inspiration of other leaders in the global industry; or
- an individual who has made a significant industry-focused literary contribution.
IAAPA Hall of Fame nominations are due by July 13, 2020.