FAQs for IAAPA Expo Asia 2021
- What does the June 1 deadline mean?
This is the deadline for current exhibiting companies to receive a full refund if they can provide written proof of a government-issued travel restriction that would hinder exhibiting at the show. Please note membership fees are not part of the exhibit fee and are non-refundable.
- Do the quarantine restrictions in China qualify for a full refund?
Shanghai currently requires a 21-day quarantine period. IAAPA will continue to monitor this policy and will refund exhibitors until June 1 if these quarantine restrictions remain in place, and organizations cannot exhibit due to this quarantine.
- What options does IAAPA provide if an exhibitor is not able to travel but still wants to participate in the Expo and keep their booth space?
IAAPA is aware there are travel restrictions to China and understands some exhibiting companies will not be able to send their company staff. There are options available so these companies can still have a presence at IAAPA Expo Asia 2021.
IAAPA has partnered with the International Exhibitor Rep Program (IERP) which provides local personnel who are professionally trained in exhibit sales, marketing and/or trade show management. IERP will work with your team to ensure they have all the information needed to represent your company on-site. This includes a questionnaire and training sessions. They will work with you to help fulfill exhibiting goals and provide the leads you need. View the flyer with sign-up information here. Watch a short video to learn more about the program and if it will work for you.
In addition, AMC, the Expo’s official contractor, has options available for exhibitors not sending their staff including booth decoration, display options, online meetings/live feeds, and set-up and dismantle. Learn more here.
- What is the cancelation policy after June 1?
If an exhibitor needs to cancel their booth after June 1, they should reach out to a member of the Global Sales Team to discuss options that may be available to them.
- I would like to cancel my booth space; are there any other options regarding my paid booth deposit?
IAAPA encourages exhibitors to transfer their deposits toward IAAPA Expos Asia 2022 in Hong Kong. Contact the Global Sales Team to discuss alternate arrangements.
- Where can I find the most updated travel and visa information to China?
Please note we encourage you to contact your country’s embassy for the most up to date information. The below links are current as of the date of this email.
The State Council/The People’s Republic of China
China Consular Affairs
Shanghai Foreign Affairs Office
Visa News from Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United States of America
- What documentation do I need to provide IAAPA to cancel or downsize my booth?
Please email the Global Sales Team with written proof of an official announcement from a government website or local embassy, and your intention to receive a refund or transfer your paid amount to IAAPA Expo Asia 2022.
- Will I lose my seniority ranking if I cancel my participation at the IAAPA Expo Asia?
If a company elects to skip one year of IAAPA Expo Asia participation, they will not gain nor lose any points. If a company elects to skip two consecutive years of IAAPA Expo Asia participation, their ‘Years Participating’ value would revert to zero (0).
- Will I lose my global exhibitor status and discount if I cancel my participation at the expo?
Global exhibitors unable to exhibit at the show due to a governmental travel restrictions or quarantine should reach out to a member of the Global Sales Team to discuss options regarding their global exhibitor status and discounts.
- What happens if my visa application is declined after June 1, 2021 and I must cancel my booth?
An exhibitor can roll-over the deposit for IAAPA Expo Asia 2022 to be held in Hong Kong. More details regarding the 2022 show will be available in mid-June 2021.
- Can I roll-over or move my funds from IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 to 2022?
Yes – eligible exhibitors that provide proof of a government travel restriction or declined visa can roll over their deposits. Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable to 2022.
- What options will IAAPA provide exhibitors that want to participate remotely?
IAAPA Expo Asia will be produced as a hybrid event that includes a virtual online experience coupled with the live, face-to-face experience. With the online portal, attendees can take part in appointment setting, network with decision makers globally and showcase your product online to help expand your reach beyond the traditional Expo. Additional information will be communicated in the coming months.
- I am a sponsor of IAAPA Expo Asia. Is it too late to cancel my sponsorships?
Sponsorship commitments are non-cancellable, but we will work to assist sponsors individually based on their needs and situations. Please contact Emily Popovich at [email protected]
- If I cancel my booth, will I be eligible for Priority Space Selection for IAAPA Expo Asia 2022 or do I have to wait until general booth sales start?
Any exhibiting company contracted as of January 2021 (even if they recently cancelled their booth space) will be eligible for Priority Space Selection. The company specific seniority calculation will be communicated closer to your selection date.
- If I keep my booth reservation and the event is cancelled after I had to ship my products to Shanghai because of the shipping deadline, will IAAPA cover the cost?
In the case of show postponement/cancellation, please work with your shipping provider regarding any costs you have incurred. Unfortunately, IAAPA cannot reimburse exhibitors for any shipping expenses.
- Who should I contact with any additional questions?
New Access Requirements
- What do I need to do to access the convention site?
To access the SNIEC, all attendees are required to wear a mask, have downloaded and are ready to present the Shanghai Health Code, and have their temperature checked before entering the SNIEC Lobby 3, which is the access point to IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 in Shanghai.
Individuals who have stayed in Shanghai during the last 14 days prior to the show will be asked to show the Shanghai Health Code. Those individuals who have traveled to another city during the last 14 days prior to the show, will be asked to show a test report for COVID-19 (within 7 days) along with the Shanghai Health Code.
- Mainland Chinese Visitors
- Ensure you have completed your registration and download the Shanghai Health Code app in order to enter the SNIEC. Bring your passport/travel permit with you that you used during registration. Without both, you will be denied entry.
- Wear a mask
- Have your temperature taken at the event access point (<37.3℃)
- Tap your Chinese ID Card at the Facial Recognition ID gates
- Non-Mainland Chinese Visitors
- Wear a Mask
- Have your temperature taken at the event access point (<37.3℃)
- Approach the IAAPA registration counter
- Present your Passport/Travel permit for ID verification
- What is Mandatory ID submission (real name registration)?
Based on the needs of epidemic prevention and control, Real name registration is a requirement from the Shanghai Municipal Health Commission and Shanghai Municipal Public Security Bureau for all trade fair venues.
- What is Real name registration
Real name registration is a new requirement for trade shows in China. All attendees, exhibitors, contractors and staff must self-register and insert their identity card/passport/travel permit number during the registration process. For Mainland Chinese visitors, real-time ID verification will be completed at the point of registration.
- What are the new access requirements onsite?
- For participants from mainland China, please bring your Chinese ID card with you for access via the ID gates. Your event badge will be available after you have completed the identity verification including showing your Chinese ID card, and the confirmation letter at the registration counter.
- For non-Mainland Chinese visitors, please bring your passport or travel permit (whichever document you used during the registration process) to the event and approach the “Non-Mainland Chinese Visitors” registration counter. You will be given a printed badge and gain access through the ID gate to the event.
- All attendees, exhibitors, contractors and staff must present passport, travel permit, ID card at the facial recognition turnstiles.
- Are there any other requirements to attend IAAPA Expo Asia 2021?
Depending on the epidemic situation in Shanghai and in China, the government may impose additional access requirements for trade fairs. For example, attendees may be required to show COVID-19 test results within a certain timeframe in order to access the venue, attendees may be required to wear masks during the event, etc. Refer to the Health and Safety Guidelines for the most current requirements to attend IAAPA Expo Asia 2021.
- How to download the Shanghai Health Code app?
- Download Alipay or WeChat
- Register with a Chinese phone number (with SMS verification). You can purchase a Chinese SIM card in advance through sites such as Amazon.
- Complete the Real Name verification process
- Insert your personal details
For more information on IAAPA Expo Asia 2021, please review the Show Policies. If you are travelling from a place outside of mainland China, please plan your travel properly by taking into consideration any applicable isolation requirements.
COVID-19 Health and Safety
- Is it safe to attend IAAPA Expo Asia?
IAAPA is focused on providing a safe and healthy environment for attendees, exhibitors, and our team at IAAPA Expos. IAAPA is working closely with the Shanghai New International Expo Centre and the local health department to develop and implement a comprehensive plan for a safe and successful IAAPA Expo Asia 2021. The current health and safety guidelines are available here.
- What are the show Health and Safety policies?
The current health and safety guidelines are available here.
- Is a COVID-19 vaccine required to attend?
IAAPA encourages participants to be vaccinated but it is not an IAAPA requirement to attend. The Chinese government may change the regulation and we will inform participants when it is known.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test required to attend?
Currently, if you are traveling from outside China a negative COVID-19 test is required for entry into China. As well all inbound passengers are required to quarantine for at least 14 days upon arrival. Testing upon arrival and for release from quarantine may include blood tests, as well as oral, nasal, and anal swab tests.
General Registration Inquires
- What are the on-site registration hours?
Monday, August 9
- 09:00 – 18:00 (exhibitors only), 13:00 – 18:00
Tuesday, August 10
- 08:00 – 18:00
Wednesday, August 11
- 08:00 – 17:00
Thursday, August 12
- 08:00 – 17:00
Friday, August 13
- 08:30 – 15:00
- Where is the registration location?
Shanghai New International Expo Center (SNIEC),Lobby 3
- What are the trade show floor hours?
Wednesday, August 11
Thursday, August 12
Friday, August 13
The trade show will be located in N4-N5. See the exhibitor listing and floor plan here.
- Are IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 badges transferable?
Badges are not transferable. Reproduction, sharing, or swapping of name badges is not permitted. Failure to adhere to Show Policies can result in confiscation of name badge and removal from the facility. Badges must be worn at all events. IAAPA is not shipping any attendee name badges or purchased tickets in advance. All attendee name badges and purchased tickets can be collected at Registration in Shanghai with a copy of your confirmation email. Every attendee must collect their own name badge.
- What do I need to be able to pick up my badge?
All registrants will be required to provide a passport, identity card or travel permit, must include a photo ID, to collect badges, purchased tickets, and/or badges on site. Student attendees will be required to provide a current student ID card from a degree-granting university or college.
- What currencies do you accept?
Payment will be accepted in Chinese Yuan (RMB) for the all registration fees.
- What are the payment methods?
We accept online RMB payment only. MasterCard, Visa, JCB, Alipay and WeChat Pay are available.
- Is there a minimum age to attend IAAPA Expo Asia 2021?
Children 12 and under must be present on-site with the registered adult to collect their badge. Children are required to wear a name badge to walk the trade show floor and must be registered. You must be 18 years or older to attend the education sessions and special events.
- Who can attend IAAPA Expo Asia 2021?
IAAPA Expo Asia 2021 is only open to attractions industry professionals. It is not open to the general public. Only registrants wearing an event badge will be allowed on the trade show floor.
- What is the Cancellation or Substitution Policy?
Refund requests must be received in writing by 10 July 2021. Refunds will only be processed on applicable registration fees, less a $165 RMB processing fee. IAAPA will assess requests due to unforeseen circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Send cancellation requests to [email protected].
All ticketed events are non-refundable.
- Where do I collect my badge?
All badges must be picked up on-site by the individual registrant. For Mainland Chinese visitors and non-Mainland Chinese visitors, you will need to present your passport/travel permit at the counter and redeem a printed badge. No third-party collection will be allowed. Registration is located in Lobby/Entrance 3 of the SNIEC.
- Can I register at the event?
We strongly recommend that you register before arrival to allow for social distancing and to avoid queues at registration.
- When will I receive a registration confirmation?
Once your registration is completed, and your payment has been successfully processed, you will receive an email confirmation. Please bring the confirmation email with you on-site to collect your badge. Only fully paid registrations will be sent a confirmation email.
- I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
If you have forgotten your password, visit the registration website, click on “Forgot Password?” and enter the email address you used to register.
To register, follow the steps below:
- To begin your registration, click here
- Choose the correct registration site (attendee, exhibitor, exhibitor guest or press).
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration in full.
- Accept the Event Terms & Conditions and pay any fees.
- You will then receive your registration acknowledgement by email.
Registration types and prices information can be found by clicking here.
- Registration Inquiries/Questions?
Contact IAAPA at [email protected].
- How do I obtain a visa invitation letter?
You can obtain a visa invitation letter through the registration site, this will be automatically sent to you via email once you’ve completed your registration.
Here are a few resources to help you:
- The State Council/The People’s Republic of China (in English)
- China Consular Affairs
- Shanghai Foreign Affairs Office
The IAAPA visa letter DOES NOT guarantee entry into China, and all participants are encouraged to verify with your local embassy or consulate to meet qualifications for entry.
- What if I already have a Chinese Visa?
We recommend that you check to make sure your visa letter is still valid and meets current qualifications.
Press and Media
Information for press and media is available here.
Ancillary and Satellite Event Requests
To read the policies and inquire about ancillary and satellite event spaces, please email: [email protected].